QODBC Driver Version 2020 for QuickBooks 2020
QODBC is the ODBC driver for accessing the data in QuickBooks Accounting files.
QODBC is a fully functional ODBC driver for reading and writing QuickBooks 2020-2002 accounting data files by using standard SQL queries. It requires an ODBC compliant front-end application such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, PowerBuilder, Delphi, Python, C#, .NET, ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, Crystal Reports, Jitterbit, QlikView and many popular report writers and tools. Once installed, it will allow these applications to read and write QuickBooks Accounting files in the same fashion as other file formats installed on your computer. Using the official QuickBooks SDK interface, we are able to offer our customers total compatibility with all QuickBooks file formats.
New Features in QODBC Version 2020
With each new major release of QuickBooks, Intuit will add features/enhancements to QuickBooks that users have been asking for. Some of these enhancements with regards to the database are also passed on to us through Intuit’s development kit we use. Here are some of the new additions and enhancements that have been added in QODBC version 2020 :
New Table and Field Additions
- Added Serial Number and Lot Number fields in the table BuildAssemblyComponentLine
- Added a new stored procedure SP_TABLESUSAGEINFO. This command will display information about the number of times a table is used.
- Added QODBC notification when QODBC is waiting for a response from QuickBooks and an application is reporting that it is “Not Responding”.
- Added Custom fields in Bill, ItemReceive, and InventoryAdjustment.
- Added option to enable/disable – Display Optimizer Status & Verbose Optimizer Status from system tray.
- Improved message text for sp_globalsearch.
- Better error handling for QODBC Activation/Deactivation when using a proxy or firewall.
- Changed QRemote Server to not automatically minimize if unable to bind to IP Address or Port.
- Added support for using functions in the Group By SQL statement.
- Improved message text of “QODBC Server edition required” by adding a help hyperlink.
- Improved performance of loading tables when using ODBC 3.8 & Power Query/Power BI.
New Features in QODBC Support Wizard 2020
- Added support for FQSaveToCache queries by keeping the connection open.
- Added feature to check and add Firewall rules for QRemote
- Added feature to create new DSN for auto login (QODBC and QRemote)
- Added feature to check QRemote Test Connection
- Added feature to check QODBC version versus Release version on QODBC.com
- Added an option to reset Optimizer file and rebuild the optimizer file (selected or all tables)
- Added feature to check QODBC version versus QuickBooks version.
- Added feature to load SQL test directly instead of navigating through Wizard.
For a more in depth detail of the new fields, enhancements and error messaging please refer to the Readme.rtf
Included in QuickBooks Enterprise Editions
The basic features of the read-only desktop edition of QODBC has again been chosen to be included as a feature in the QuickBooks Enterprise Edition 2020 product, on the main file menu under Utilities. If you need a read-only edition of QODBC and have this version of QuickBooks, you are ready to go, no purchase required! We have also now been chosen to be included in QuickBooks Enterprise Editions in Canada.
What is ODBC?
ODBC (Open Data Base Connectivity) is a specification designed by Microsoft to allow Windows applications to access multiple database systems through a single method with no regard for various file formats. SQL (Structured Query Language) is used as the method for accessing data through ODBC. Vendors of ODBC drivers (like this one) follow the specifications for ODBC so that any ODBC compliant application can access the data available through the driver. ODBC compliant applications include: Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerBuilder, Borland Delphi, Crystal Pro Report Writer, Visual Basic and hundreds of others. Users of these applications do not need to learn SQL language to access these database files, they are simply presented on the desktop for the user to manipulate with wizards and icons.
What is QODBC?
QODBC is an ODBC driver (DLL) for QuickBooks Accounting format files. QuickBooks Accounting stores it’s data in it’s own proprietary DBMS file format. This driver allows users of any ODBC compliant front end application to read and write data contained in QuickBooks Accounting format files similarly to any other ODBC enabled database.
QODBC works by accepting SQL commands from applications through the ODBC interface, then converting those calls to navigational XML commands to the QuickBooks Accounting DBMS and returning record sets that qualify for the query results. This driver is not a Client/Server product, but rather communicates directly with the QuickBooks application as it runs. QuickBooks is a flat file database, and this driver will not change it into a relational database, so keep that in mind when developing with this driver.
QODBC acts as a ‘wrapper’ around the Intuit SDK so customers can finally get at their QuickBooks data using standard database tools; speeding development time.
What can I do with QODBC?
QODBC opens up the QuickBooks Accounting files created by thousands of custom programs to the new world of database connectivity. In the same way that Windows has created an environment where all applications have a similar look and feel, ODBC drivers make all database formats look the same.
- A user in Microsoft Office can use Excel to pull company accounting or invoice information directly into a spreadsheet and create a chart.
- Microsoft Word can do a customer mail merge directly from QuickBooks Accounting files.
- Crystal Pro Report writer can create multi-file reports from QuickBooks Accounting data.
- Microsoft Access or Borland Delphi can be used to merge QuickBooks Accounting data with other data sources to produce complex reports, or to run mass file updates based on multiple criteria.
Best of all, this driver is transparent and works in exactly the same fashion of ODBC drivers from other vendors. QuickBooks Accounting developers now can offer this driver to their customers to allow them direct access to their important data.
All of our products support QuickBooks USA versions 2020-2002, UK or Canadian 2020-2003. QuickBooks Pro, Premier and Enterprise editions are supported.
The Benefits of QODBC
SQL and ODBC are the corporate data access standard
No training required
ODBC level 2 support
Read-only, Read-Write and Internet versions
Note: QuickBooks does not support writing to all areas of the accounting database, some areas are protected.
Today’s end users are extremely sophisticated, requiring up-to-the-minute data to make a significant number of business decisions. Business people cannot afford to wait for their computer departments or CPA’s to service a request for accounting data. The data must be available on the desktop instantly. ODBC is the solution for all Windows applications, and QODBC is the solution for QuickBooks Accounting users and developers needing a standard way to access data in all of their applications.
Sharing Data with QuickBooks
All QuickBooks data elements supported by the QuickBooks SDK are supported by the QODBC Driver for read and write capability (depending on the license of QODBC purchased).
Main Benefits of this Product
QuickBooks Pro Advisors and consultants can configure reports and spreadsheets with live QuickBooks data for their customers, increasing billing hours. Developers can create applications which use QuickBooks data with ease, using QuickBooks data via existing ODBC data controls and methods. End user customers can use wizards and mail merge capabilities in Windows standard applications to merge QuickBooks data in their daily routine with just a few mouse clicks.
Free Evaluation Version
We also offer a FREE QODBC Pro Read-Write trial copy of the software limited to 30 days of use. The evaluation version of QODBC is limited to 30 days of use and 20 write operations to QuickBooks per session, otherwise fully functional including server mode.
A FAQ section and a free support knowledgebase is available for those evaluating QODBC. All customers can obtain free technical support via our Support Ticket System. Program anomalies will be addressed at no charge and updaters posted on our web site. Support issues specific to your application or requirements may be subject to a $75 per incident consulting fee.
QODBC is a Windows Driver (DLL) and has the same system requirements as the QuickBooks Desktop Accounting version it is communicating with.
QuickBooks Versions Supported
QODBC version 2020 works with the following QuickBooks and Reckon Accounts Editions:
|United States of America (USA)|
|Australia, New Zealand, Asia(Reckon)|
Note : Includes Pro, Premier and Enterprise Solutions (all industry specific variations). The QODBC Read Only Edition is included with USA Enterprise Edition and Canadian Enterprise Editions.
All of our products support QuickBooks USA versions 2020-2002, UK or Canadian 2020-2003. QuickBooks Pro, Premiere and Enterprise editions are supported.
- QuickBooks USA Pro Premier Enterprise Simple Start or Online editions
- QuickBooks Canada Pro Premier or Enterprise
- QuickBooks UK Pro Premier
- Reckon Accounts / QuickBooks Australia Pro
- Reckon Accounts / QuickBooks New Zealand Pro
- Reckon Accounts / QuickBooks Singapore Pro
- Reckon Accounts / QuickBooks Southeast Asia Pro
USA, Canada and UK editions are available via this web site. Other editions are available through our regional distributor for the Asia Pacific region.
|QODBC Desktop Edition Read Only Driver for QuickBooks||$149.00|
|QODBC Desktop Edition Read Write Driver for QuickBooks||$199.00|
|QODBC Server Edition Read Write Driver for QuickBooks (Click here for details.)||$499.00|